Membership and Volunteering
There are many ways to get involved. You can participate in our PTA, donate funds, and volunteer in the classrooms and at school events. BHIS PTA is always looking for new members who are willing to share their time, skills, and talents to support and enhance our children’s education.
Joining the PTA is an important part of playing an active role in your child’s experience at BHIS. PTA membership helps fund the programs that we support and improves our ability to communicate with the school administration, the teachers and you!
Year Round Fundraising
The following are easy ways that YOU can support BHIS all year round
(Extended family and neighbors may contribute also…)
- Hilltop Red Apple Receipts: Save your receipts from purchases at our local Red Apple on Beacon Avenue and McClellan, and they will be redeemed for 1% of their total value. Collect your receipts at home and place them in the designated container in the front office. Last year we raised nearly $1000 from this effort!
- Box Tops for Education: Save the tops of boxes with the bright pink logo, “Box Tops for Education” from cereal, cracker, and other boxed products you buy, and they will be redeemed for $0.10 per box top. Collect your receipts at home and place them in the designated container in the front office.
- EScrip: Register your Safeway club card or debit/credit card and 1-4% of your purchases go to the Beacon Hill PTA (6.15.42). Also links to some restaurant purchases. Sign up at http://www.escrip.com/
- Target REDcard: Use your Target REDcard and up to 1% of your purchases go to the Beacon Hill PTA (6.15.42). Sign up at http://www.target.com/c/redcard/-/N-4tfyn
- Corporate Matching Gifts: Ask your employer about matching your cash donation to Beacon Hill PTA 6.15.42. Or go to http://www.matchinggifts.com/spu/ and do a search.
- Community Giving Funds: Employees of the City of Seattle, State of Washington, or King County can designate a set amount to be deducted from their monthly paycheck to go toward Beacon Hill PTA (6.15.42).
- Office Depot on Airport Way: Use BHIS’s School ID #70107436 every time you make a purchase a percentage of your purchase will be remitted to BHIS. This does not work for on-line orders.
Annual Beacon Hill PTA Fundraising Calendar
Choose the event(s) best for your family and mark your calendar.
PTA Membership (Year-round): Please consider joining or renewing your PTA membership at any time this school year. To join or renew, fill out a membership form and return to the front office.Even if you are unable to become a paying member, please join us at our PTA Family Involvement / General Membership meetings. There are 6 meetings this year and child care is provided at some meetings. Contact: Cristina Medina (email@example.com).
T-Shirt Sales (September): Show your school spirit with either a t-shirt or hoodie that can also be worn as part of the approved school uniform. Proceeds from sales go back into our PTA general fund. Contact: Karin Bergsten-Buret (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Read-A-Thon (October): Fun and educational, students find sponsors and read all day at school in their pajamas! ALL proceeds go to the PTA general fund and amounts to 30% of our annual fundraising. Contact: Sarah Dublin (email@example.com) & Heidi Gans (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Original Works (November): Your child’s artwork is transformed into useful items such as mugs, calendars and key chains.Finished products are delivered in early December, just in time for holiday gifts! All proceeds from sales benefit the BHIS art program. Contact: Mary Howard Logel (email@example.com).
Annual Giving Fund (December): 100% of your donation goes to the PTA general fund. Letters are mailed to families after New Year’s, but donations are welcome anytime throughout the year. Receipts provided on request for tax purposes. Contact: Jaime Cardenas firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yearbook (March orders / May delivery): Buy a yearbook to cherish your child’s elementary experience. Proceeds from your purchase go to the PTA general fund. Order forms will be sent home with your child. Contact: Meri Joswiack (email@example.com).
Walk-A-Thon (May 29, 2015): This fundraiser is healthy and FUN for everyone. Students get sponsors and walk or run laps on the school grounds. ALL proceeds go to the PTA general fund and amounts to 30% of our annual fundraising. Contact: Krystin Joy (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Beacon Bazaar (June 13, 2015): Held on a Saturday in June, folks bring their household items, arts and crafts, plants, and more to sell. All fees from vendors go to the PTA general fund. Contact: Kate Poux (email@example.com) & Sarah Dublin (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Contact Meri Joswiack (email@example.com), our school’s volunteer coordinator, to receive updates on volunteer opportunities all year!
Thank you. We look forward to a great school year!